UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus – The university grants commission has entrusted the national testing agency to conduct the exams of UGC NET; this exam is conducted to select the candidates for assistant professor and junior research fellowship at the University of India;
Till 2018 June, this exam was conducted by CBSE, and from December onwards this exam started to getting conducted by the university grants commission, and in this article, we are going to discuss the entrance exam UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus and paper 2, and this exam is conducted twice a year.
Details regarding the UGC examination
Below given points tell you the details of the UGC examination-
- This exam is conducted twice a year.
- The name of the exam is the university grants Commission national eligibility test, which a national testing agency conducts.
- The level of this examination is national.
- Both the exam and application modes are online.
- The total time we want to write the examination is 3 hours.
UGC NET 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Short Exam Name||UGC NET|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1100 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|UGC NET Paper I – Duration||1 Hour + 1 Hour Subject|
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus will test the teaching skills of the candidates, and the general knowledge below given table tells you the entrance exam syllabus UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus-
|Research aptitude||Meaning of research, methods of research, research steps, thesis writing, ethics research.|
|Teaching aptitude||Nature of teaching, teaching objectives, a system of evaluation, teaching and factors affecting, characteristics of the learner, teaching aids, and teaching method.|
|Reading comprehension||Associated questions and passages are comprehensive.|
|Mathematics reasoning||Relationships, codes, letter series, series of numbers, and classification.|
|Communication||Nature of communication, barriers, effects of the classroom, characteristics, and communication types.|
|Logical reasoning||Analytical reasoning, verbal analogies, verbal classification, evaluation, logical diagrams structure of the argument.|
|Information communication and technology.||Information communication and technology advantages, meanings, basics of Internet and abbreviations.|
|Interpretation of data||Qualitative data, source and interpretation of data, mapping, and graphical representation of data.|
|higher education system||The infrastructure of the institutions and their learning, value, education institution, interactions, and concepts|
|Environment and people||Interaction with people and environment, pollutants and impact on the human life, pollution sources hazards.|
So, here we discuss UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus so can know better the syllabus and UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is same for every one but if you can to paper to it will different from UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus.
Hope you will get all the details related to UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus easily and now we discuss paper 2. which is different from UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus and it related to your master’s subject but UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is equally similar for everyone.
Entrance exam syllabus for paper 2
Paper two consists of languages, and below given table tells you about every subject which is available in this paper-
|Punjabi||Library and services|
|Urdu||Tamil in Telugu|
|Woman studies||Social work and sociology|
|Geography||Regional language and regional literature|
|Comparative study||Visual arts|
|Community health||Public administration|
|Rabindrasangeet||Administration and management of tourism|
|Yoga and Sanskrit||Dance and music|
|Rajasthani earn Marathi||Educational adult|
|Bengali and Japanese||French and cashmere|
|Geography and economics||History|
|Politics and philosophy||Persian and Nepalese|
|Malayalam and Persian||Applications of computer science|
|Environmental studies||Duties of humans, and they’re right.|
|Literature of folk||Physical education and literature|
|Environmental science and Sanskrit||Gujarati|
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
NTA will issue the eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2022 along with the official notification. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can appear for the UGC NET 2022 exam. The eligibility criteria consist of details like age limit and academic qualifications. Candidates must check eligibility criteria details clearly completing the UGC NET 2022 application procedure.
UGC NET 2022 Educational Qualification
- 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from institutions/universities recognized by UGC in subjects like Computer Science &Applications Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, etc.
- 50% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination for Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) and Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer.
- Candidates who are Ph.D. degree holders and completed their Master’s level examination and waiting for the declaration of the result are eligible with a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks (i.e. 55% to 50%).
- Candidates with master’s degrees or those who are appearing in their final year of the master’s exam or those who are waiting for their results can apply for this exam. However, candidates have to pass their master’s degree to be considered eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship/Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- Candidates who have done post-graduate diploma/ Institute or foreign degree/certificate awarded by the foreign.
- University/diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University must check their ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
UGC NET 2022 Age limit
- Candidates must be 31 years to be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship. However, this is just applicable for this session only.
- There is no upper age limit for Assistant professors.
Below given points tell you about the examination pattern of a paper one and paper 2-
- Paper one will contain a total of 50 questions.
- The total marking of paper one will be 100.
- Paper two will contain 100 questions.
- The total marking of people two will be 200.
- The questions will be multiple-choice questions.
- The total time given to write the paper will be 3 hours.
Below given are the important dates regarding the UGC examination-
- The application form’s date is from 28 April TO 20th May 2022.
- The time given for the correction in the application form will be from 21 May 22 May 2022.
- The timing of the examination will be from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
University Grants Commission has entrusted the national testing agency to examine UGC. This article discussed the entrance exam syllabus of UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus and two in this article. We have discussed everything regarding the UGC examination and UGC NET Paper 1, 2 syllabus in this article.
|Official website||Click here|
Frequently asked questions
What is UGC NET?
The UGC NET examination is conducted on the national level by the National testing Agency twice a year. The UGC NET exam is conducted to determine the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professors/lecturers and Junior Research Fellowship. Candidates who will get shortlisted in UGC NET 2022 exam can apply to any government college or university for the subject they are qualified for. NTA provides 81 subject options for the applicants. However, candidates can apply for only that subject in which they completed their post-graduation degree.
What is the Full Form of UGC NET?
The UGC NET full form is University Grants Commission (UGC)- National Eligibility Test (NET). The UGC NET exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The main objective of conducting the UGC NET 2022 exam is to find out the most eligible candidates who can apply for the post of Assistant Professors/Lecturers and Junior Research Fellowship in different government colleges and universities in India
What is the total number of papers conducted in the UGC examination?
There will be two papers which are UGC NET Paper 1, and two with UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus and 2
In which language will the exam be conducted?
The exam is going to conduct in the English language.
What is the total marking of this exam?
The Paper will be 100 and paper two will be 200 Marks, and the total marking will be 300.